Modern residential security solutions are getting increasingly more intelligent. With that being said, it doesn't take much to forget to perform simple security tasks like activating your a home security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you never had to remember doing these chores again? When utilizing geofencing in Jefferson City, you can simply drive off to work and have your security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Jefferson City For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary along the sides of your property, which you are able to customize within your smartphone app. This modern home security option then tracks your mobile device to determine when you go beyond the border and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components take advantage of to share information with other connected equipment. This innovative approach assists your home security by putting all elements onto a single network. You can draw a virtual “fence” on all sides of your property and assign what actions you want to take place if you go past the specified border.
For example, shortly after you pull away from your premises, you could program your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can alert your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
These are a handful of the devices you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Jefferson City. With the mobile app, you can make the most of automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: program your smart devices to activate at predetermined times. Direct various lights to turn down to signal that it's bedtime, or deactivate your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make specific devices come alive when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the fan if the CO detector trips. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Set a scene: Make scenes featuring various devices that operate in concert with each other. Have your lights switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks engage when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for TV night with preset light and temperature settings.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to enable your alarm if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Jefferson City
Whether you seek additional certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our representatives today at (573) 200-8693 or send in the form on this page to start designing your ideal security system.